Maiden Stakes - March 6, 2023 UTC
Great news, the Maiden Stakes is back! After reviewing your feedback from the previous week-long tournament, we’ve made some changes to the structure to make it even better.
Before we dive into the changes, let’s take a look at some key data from the last Maiden Stakes:
- 62% of all breeding volume came from stables who successfully completed qualifying for the maiden
- Nearly 50% of the prize pool was won by stables who bred less than 5 times
Now, onto the changes we’ve made to the structure of the Maiden Stakes:
- The Maiden will run for three days from March 6, 2023 at 12:00 AM UTC to March 9, 2023 at 12:00 AM UTC
- You’ll need to run five races in a distance category to qualify for the Maiden
- Scoring will be calculated by the average of all qualifying race within a distance category with a Fibonacci format
- 12 Racehorse free races will count for qualifying (these will be populated), these free races will be limited to bred racehorses with less than 21 lifetime races
- Finals lengths will rotate from the previous Maiden (1200 - 1800 - 2400)
Additionally, we will be following the same processes for determining the Maiden structure as before:
Tournament size by class will vary based on the number of unraced racehorses within each class
- The number of advancers per round and payout positions per round will be a result of the tournament size
The prize pool per class will vary based on the amount of breeding fees generated per class and average breed cost to produce a racehorse of that class. We expect the splits per class to closely mirror the previous Maiden’s percentages
We won’t be announcing the exact structures for each class until the tournament begins, as the vast majority of Maiden participants are bred within 48 hours of the start time. However, we’re projecting the same setup for each class as the previous Maiden.
We’ll be providing daily updates on the current prize pool total as we approach the Maiden start date of March 6. Additionally, we’re working on creating a running total of the prize pool on site.
Currently, the Maiden Stakes Prize Pool for the March 6 Maiden stands at ~$22,000 USD. Get ready to saddle up and join the fun!