More image file types are now supported
September 27, 2022
This week, we more than doubled our list of supported image file types, and we resolved some visual defects in list view. Here is an overview of the release:
- For images uploaded after September 27, 2022, we now support additional file types, including .crw, .nef, and .heic. This expands our support of raw image files like .cr2, so you can view even more files (and their thumbnails) in MediaSilo. For a complete list of supported file types, please visit our Knowledge Base.
Fixes and Improvements
- When you tag a file in the right drawer, existing tags are now auto-suggested.
- When you navigate projects in list view, the words “No files found” or “This project is empty” no longer flash on the screen.
- You can click the three-dots button on a folder, and the options menu no longer overlaps with the gear icon in list view.
- We fixed a visual defect that cut off a folder’s options menu. This occurred in list view whenever the page contained folders but no files.
- In Administration, we added messaging that informs you when there are no roles, users, or watermark templates to display. For example, we let you know if no users match your search criteria, and we display an “Add Users” button.
- When you export a user list from Administration, the statuses in the “MFA” column are now accurate. This way, you know which users have enabled MFA on their user profile and which ones have not.
- When you add users to your workspace, you can once again paste multiple comma-separated email addresses into the “User emails” field.
- When you add users to a distribution list in Administration, we no longer auto-suggest distribution lists that you have already entered.
- In our desktop app, we fixed a bug that resulted in large folders failing to download. In the event that one or more files in a folder fail to download, click the “Export Log” button in the Download window to see which files were downloaded and which ones were not. The improved log now includes a column that provides the file path for each file.